Thursday, February 16, 2006

Film SA

We've Lost a Texas Film Legend



I learned early this morning that Frank Q. Dobbs (above, in costume on the set of GAMBLER V in Galveston) passed away last night, while undergoing cancer treatment in Houston.

I first met Frank in Houston, where we were scouting locations for GAMBLER V. As many of you know, Frank generally insisted on driving himself everywhere. So we started out for Galveston, with him behind the wheel, and not 10 minutes had gone by, and we were promptly pulled over by the DPS for speeding! Frank shrugged it off, told me "I usually get a speeding ticket on every shoot. At least now I've got that taken care of!", and off we went to Galveston.

Frank will be missed, and was truly one of the people that inspired and made friends with everyone he knew.

Frank wrote and produced more Texas projects than anyone I can think of including "Rio Diablo", "Gambler V", "Streets of Laredo", and "Rough Riders".

Thanks for always taking my call, Frank, no matter what part of the world you were in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home