10 Reasons Filming in San Antonio is GREAT for indies
MovieMaker magazine is coming out with their annual "10 Best Places" to makes films. Well, here are some great reasons to film in San Antonio. In no particular order. Let me know how many more you can think of in the comments and I'll post them.
1. The WORLD in San Antonio. We've recently done projects set in Peru, Mexico, the Middle East, Los Angeles, the old west, New Orleans, and others.
2. Our PEOPLE rock! The people in our city know what it takes to do special events, make films, and make things happen!
3. Cost of LIVING. Lower. Period.
4. Great WEATHER. It was really cold today. I wore a sport coat.
5. RESOURCES. Need a generator? Got it. 5 ton grip truck? Got it. State of the art post production? Got it too.
6. Spanish anyone? Bringing in actors or crew from Latin America, Spain, Puerto Rico or Mexico? They'll feel right at home here in San Anto.
7. Food. We're the home of Central Market and Sun Harvest, HEB and some of the best restaurants in the world. You can also feed a family of four a great breakfast for under $10. Believe me, I do it every weekend.
8. Fuel Costs. This part of Texas typically has some of the lowest gasoline and diesel prices in the country. It can add up quick.
9. Great Schools. San Anto has some of the finest high school cinema programs in the world. Just ask them. At Sundance.
10. Texas Production Incentives. Get a 2.5% bonus when shooting outside of Dallas and Austin. Up to 17.5% on features and television. Qualify for 7.5% by spending as little as $250,000 in the state. Its a good program. And its solid. Find out more at www.filmsanantonio.com.
Take the survey now.